• Deutsch
  •  
  •  
  • Französisch

SSE GROUP - HISTORY

SOCIETE SUISSE DES EXPLOSIFS (SSE) was founded in 1894 to supply explosives to build the Simplon tunnel. This strategic connection between Switzerland and Italy triggered an industrial development of a company which today is internationally well regarded on the market for civil explosives and fine chemicals.

Year

Activity

2016 Beginning of the activities in Macedonia, expansion in Europe due to acquisitions of societies of ORICA in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Foundation of an holding (SSE Holding SA)

2014

Ownership of EXPLOSIV SERVICE SA fully transferred to SSE

2013

Expansion of the explosive business in Europe with the aquisition of the EPC Business in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Romania

2013

Diversification in the field of pyrotechnics with the creation of Hamberger Swiss Pyrotechnics

2012-2014

Expansion of the activities in the field of the Azide Chemistry and Phosgenation

2008

Foundation of Explotec Swiss SA with partners from the Ticino

2007

Acquisition of the Swiss company SW Blasting AG

2001

Creation of the explosive service and consulting company “Explosiv Service SA” as a joint venture between SSE and Gasser Felstechnik AG

1995

Expansion in Scandinavia by taking a share in Norab AB and Viking AS (today SSE Norge AS)

1995

Ownership of Valsynthese SA fully transferred to SSE

1983

Entering into the pharmaceutical business by the foundation of Valsynthese SA, a joint venture between SSE and the French enterprise UPSA

1980

Foundation of Tovex SA an affiliated company for the licensing and marketing of explosive brand Tovex®

1970

Diversification into the fine chemicals

1894

Foundation of SSE by Pietro Ronchetti and Xaver Bender in Gamsen a village which today belongs to the community of Brig